

The funeral was a beatiful service. I learned so much about my Grandpa. After visiting with so many people, and hearing so many good testimonials of his life, and also, being a part of all of the many family members(all 17 grandkids were there) that traveled from all over to be there was a testimony to me, of the kind of man he was.
As sad as this funeral was for me, I couldn't help but leaving feeling like a better person, feeling like I can do a little more to be a little better, because of the good life that my Grandpa lived, the kindness and loved that he showed and the example that he set for everyone. It was a privilege to be there.
Grandpa was buried right by my mom's headstone.
I was glad Laura was able to come. She just puts her own dimension of happiness on everything!
After the funeral and the luncheon, Nate and I took another family member Lexi, out for a little joyriding on our way to take her home. We taught her all sorts of things such as mixing slurpee flavors at 7 eleven, cheering on the Red Sox towards the many Yankees fans that we came across, and teaching her how to hang her head out the window going 75 on the freeway. This is her new facebook picture.
We couldn't get my dad to hang his head out of his window though.

We also stopped by to say goodbye to Michael and Amelia and to my Grandma.
We took Lexi home and had a great visit with her and her mom, Sharon. She is so awesome. A long time ago she was in a car accident that left her paralyzed. Before the accident, she used to run in marathons. She has several records set at various races where the records haven't been broke yet. She also ran the Boston Marathon twice. After the accident, she started racing in wheel chair races. I remember as a kid, my dad would get all of us kids together and we would go and watch her race. It was pretty cool. I tried to get her to come and race in the Boston Marathon. But because of the racing, she has a bad problem with arthritis now, so I don't know if t's possible, but I have no doubt if she could she would be awesome!















No comments:
Post a Comment